Statement of faith
Members of the International Ministerial Council of Great Britain (IMCGB) should subscribe to the following Statement of Faith:
- the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory;
- that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ is absolutely essential;
- in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance according to Acts 2:4, and in the operation of the spiritual gifts and ministries.
- in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- in the Church of Jesus Christ and in the unity of believers;
in the practical application of the Christian faith in everyday experience and the need to minister to people in every area of life, which includes not only the spiritual, but also the social, political and physical.